Thread: Insurance
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 04:22 AM   #18
Belmont Resident

Default Makes total sense to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondcurve View Post
I'm pretty sure this logic is incorrect. The insurers want to know who will operate the sled and what their driving records look like. Who do you think is a greater risk on a snowmobile a 45 year old married guy or a single 18 year old kid? My policy questionnaires always asked for the driver licenses of operators and their marital status. You should check with your agent. I could be incorrect but I am fairly certain I'm not. Good luck.
In my dealings with insurance companies, many make their own rules and few of us question them. I do know they sometimes ask this question and have been for years with respect to cars, so why not sleds.
I even had one, Travelers,while I was with Melcher & Prescott, try to alter my rates midway through the policy period saying a mistake was made in the description of the work.
In the end a call to BBB put a stop to this and I dropped M&P for a much better company and lowered my rates in the process.