Thread: Insurance
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 06:37 AM   #10
Belmont Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merrymeeting View Post
Thanks for the clarification.

I've had Amica for most of my insurance needs for many years. But when we called them after getting our PWC, they said they don't insure PWC's. But they did refer us to another company who would cover us, and arranged for the policy.

I'm guessing they do a similar thing for their customers who want sled insurance.
I had the absolute best luck with Amica until I registered sleds with them years ago.
The problem started when I sold my sleds, both of them and snow checked a new sled for fall pick-up. I called to cancel the policy but was told I could not. I explained to them the I no longer had the sleds, they were sold and I could prove it. Didn't matter they told me, the policy was written through them by another company. So I'm sitting here with all of my insurance through them, renters, car, boat and snowmobile. I asked them what happens if I do not pay the snowmobile policy? I was told it would be attached to one of the others. I ended up canceling every policy I had and moved to another company. It was the only way to get out of paying the $400 that I owed for nothing. The policy period had literally just started for the sleds. I hated doing it because they were the best company when it came to dealing with for an accident.
Since then my wife shops insurance companies rates about every 2 years, unfortunately Amica is usually a lot higher then the others she looks into that are highly rated as well.
What many people do not realize is that the longer you stay with an insurance company the higher your rates stay, if you shop around and compare rates, in most cases you can save hundreds a year. I'm not talking crappy companies like Progressive and Geiko either.