View Single Post
Old 07-01-2021, 05:12 AM   #39
fatlazyless

A 2" diameter noodle cut down to 30" length and worn as a tight belt has enough buoyancy to make long distance swimming much more relaxed for a 200-lb male so one can conserve energy and strength while doing a rest swim stroke, breast stroke or side stroke. It gives you big confidence for swimming in deep water and confidence is important for swimming in deep water or in somewhat COLD water.. The noodle belt keeps you balanced on top of the water while you power yourself forward with long restful breast strokes or side strokes. Instead of swimming basically to avoid going under, you are swimming to move forward at slow pace for a hundred yards or more. And, the more you do it, the better you get.

Yes, a thin 2" noodle can most likely get worn tight around the waist, under a tee-shirt. Sure, why not.

It seems that the great majority of the local population are very iffy swimmers and a foam noodle belt tied TIGHT around the waist makes swimming a hundred yards doing the breast or side stroke much more relaxed and doable. You are no longer using a lot of energy just to stay on top of the water, because the noodle keeps you afloat and centered while you slowly and safely swim out there, and back.

It's like "Hey, I can do this, I can take my time and swim a long distance. Who knew?" Plus, you can always take a rest break and just float there in a vertical position without having to tread water while the noodle belt keeps you very afloat. Somewhat similar to a Navy submarine's self-control for trim and buoyancy which is important for a submarine. Are you floating or are you sinking? As long as you are floating, you can work on moving forward by using a long distance rest stroke, breast stroke or side stroke.

I almost always stay away from the overhand crawl because it uses up too much energy, too fast.

Last edited by fatlazyless; 07-01-2021 at 05:47 AM.
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote