Thread: Wolfeboro Inn?
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2011, 07:03 PM   #122
secondcurve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara View Post
I attended an event at the Inn last evening with approx. 100 people attending. There were two waitresses and one young man who carried trays from the kitchen to the banquet room. The waitresses got the plates out as quickly as the food arrived, but the arrival of the food was SLOW. Obviously there was little help plating the food in the kitchen and one person carrying it all to the banquet room was ridiculous. The first tables served were finished a long time before some tables were served. The people attending were all locals and I'm sure anyone who might have considered having a major event at the Inn changed their mind after this experience. I was at another large event there in Dec. with about 80 people in the same room with the same problem. Someone at my table for that event did not have a dinner. They didn't have enough!!! He requested to see the manager three times before an assistant showed up and saw to it that he recived a meal from the tavern. I do believe the new manager was in charge at this time.

The food was tasty which was a relief, not great but acceptable.
I agree the food is great (when they have it) but the service is unacceptable. You would have to be out of your mind to have a wedding or similarly large event at the Wolfeboro Inn unless they offered a huge discount. I go to the Inn when I know there won't be a crowd.
secondcurve is offline   Reply With Quote