View Single Post
Old 02-24-2024, 03:36 PM   #16
FlyingScot

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post
Hahahaha! I almost did yesterday when I first read this thread but then thought maybe it would be too repetitive!

Since ya brought it up, though, there are four Ty Gagne pieces: Where You'll Find Me and The Last Traverse, books about tragedy in the Whites, and Emotional Rescue and Weakness in Numbers, articles on hiking in the Whites. Where You'll Find Me is my favorite—I read it every year or two—and Emotional Rescue is the story the movie Infinite Storm, which I found unwatchable, is based on.

He's also local and a really great guy—he organized a book club with me for my students during Covid that included signed copies of The Last Traverse and virtual presentations by both him and James Osborne, the survivor. I ran it for five weeks, each week meeting virtually for an hour to discuss topics ranging from preparedness to resilience and mental fortitude. It was a pretty special experience at a difficult time.

His website is https://www.fullconditionsnh.com/.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk
Where You'll Find Me was the one I read. I loved the juxtaposition of an elite person doing incredibly dumb things...we're all human. I'll do The Last Traverse this summer! They're at the bookstore in North Conway for those who might find themselves there

Thanks!
FlyingScot is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FlyingScot For This Useful Post: