View Single Post
Old 03-25-2017, 11:11 AM   #20
dickiej

My wife and I both chose healthcare careers because we truly feel our basic human fundamental responsibility is to try and leave the world a better place and to help those less fortunate along the way. We are reaching the end of our careeres and never for a day have we regretted our career choice. It has been rewarding beyond description.
Why do I post this, you ask? Perhaps it will help young people struggling with the age old question: what do I want to do with my life? If you are a compassionate, giving person, I can assure you a career in healthcare will answer that question and fulfill your life.
You may not make a lot of money, compared to your friends who go into business or finance or whatever, and you will probably never be able to afford a place on Lake Winni, but you will be happy and your priorities will be in check. We have a 17' boat that we trailer up to the lake on weekdays in the summer and finding a nice protected secluded place to throw out the anchor on the lee side of an island is the most relaxing thing on earth, and it won't cost you a lot of money!
Anyway, parents of kids who are struggling with that question of what to do with my life may want to show them this......
dickiej is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to dickiej For This Useful Post: