View Single Post
Old 03-22-2017, 01:31 PM   #14
Biggd

Thanked 1,071 Times in 676 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8gv View Post
I had a similar exoerience but from the other side of the drive thru.

It was dark and snowing hard Christmas Eve and we were very busy with last minute shoppers. A lady ordered for her whole family but upon arriving at the cash window she discovered that she had no cash. She apologized and told us she had to go home and return with some money.

We were very fast and had the order assembled, ready to hand out. I tendered the order and handed her the receipt. My crew brought her order up to the cash window and handed it to her. She promised to return in a few minutes with the cash. That made no sense to me because 1) it was snowing...a lot and 2) it was Christmas Eve. I told her that any time next week would be fine. My crew was betting that I had just been scammed. A few days later she proved them wrong.
It's nice when it happens that way but when you do get conned it makes you think twice the next time. I'm usually a good judge of character but I've been had a few times and it stings because it makes you skeptical the next time. You're trying to do something good but you're conned by someone with no morals.
Biggd is offline   Reply With Quote