View Single Post
Old 03-21-2017, 07:18 PM   #10
Diver1111

Thanked 1,027 Times in 224 Posts

Wow what great stories and great ideas. Thank you all.

I too have done what I can. Changed flat tires, bought lunch for an elderly couple that didn't look like they had "that much", help and continue to help my 90+ y.o. widowed neighbor with lifts to the market, shoveling his walkway, clearing his driveway even though he doesn't drive anymore but likes it cleared and so forth.

I don't go looking for these events, they just sort of pop up and I just do them because I want to.

I was in a convenience store here in Exeter about a year ago and a little kid who didn't look like he had much was digging through the change in the palm of his hand trying to come up with like, a $1.59 for some candy. Couldn't make it so I leaned over him and handed the clerk a two bucks and said I'll pay for the boy and to give him the change. He looked at me like I was God. Honestly I felt like God and it was a really really good feeling. My only regret is that I couldn't do more for him.

Some people, like an older couple whose tire I changed offered me money. I said I didn't do it for money but if they wanted to do something nice, to help TWO people in the future if they could and then tell those two people, to help TWO people. Do the math.

I loved Topwater's comment about...don't know how they knew it was me....wonderful.
Diver1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Diver1111 For This Useful Post: