View Single Post
Old 03-21-2017, 06:09 PM   #9
LakeTimes

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by topwater View Post
Has anyone else ever did that? I do it quite frequently. But I do have to share one experience.
I was up at Country Kitchen in Moultonborough and as I walked in I saw a gentleman in his 80's or so sitting next to the window with with a WW2 ball cap on. I called over the waitress and told her I would like to buy he and his wife Lunch and to tell him Thank You for his service, and it came to just over 22 bucks including the tip. I found out later he was on the way home from the Doctor's office and found out he had cancer that day. His friend wrote a letter to my office explaining everything and how that ONE act of goodwill made his day.
He has since passed away but his friend wrote us another letter explaining how much that meant to him and his wife at the time and put a smile on their face on such a sad day.
So I guess the morale to my little story is simple. Just a little kindness goes a long way. Kudo's to anyone else that does the Pay it forward. It's the little things in life that keep you going.

And I still don't know how they found out I was the one that did it.
BRAVO topwater! Made my day just reading your story. I try my best to do similar things, even if its' just a coffee for a service member at starbucks, or picking up a tab at a restaurant, or sponsoring children at Christmas through the local welfare department as they get it to the people who NEED it most who are not just playing the system. Reminds me however I could and should always do more. I can only hope I've quietly had an impact half as much as you did for that man and his family!
LakeTimes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to LakeTimes For This Useful Post: