View Single Post
Old 02-13-2020, 02:32 PM   #19
Susie Cougar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winilyme View Post
Well yes, that would be a big mess but that's not what I'm suggesting. I'm simply saying that if responsible people observe declining driving skills that are likely to endanger others on the road, then they should take action to change that situation. Ignoring the issue - giving them a break - solves nothing and invites disaster. In FLL's case, the driver hit him and left the scene. What more evidence is need that he/she shouldn't have been on the road?

Maybe it's a medication or medical issue that can be resolved, maybe additional drivers education is needed, maybe a new eyeglasses prescription. Or, maybe the individual has simply reached a point where they can no longer drive safely and should be removed from the road.
I agree 100%! This driver made a huge mistake and it cannot be overlooked.

There was just an article in the Sarasota Newspaper a couple of days ago about the oldest driver in the United States. He’s right here in Sarasota and he’s 107 years old! I loved looking at his picture as he was driving in his convertible with the top down waving to everybody as he drove by.

There is no special age where someone has to automatically stop driving. But when it’s obvious to those around you, they should not get a break.
Susie Cougar is offline   Reply With Quote