View Single Post
Old 02-13-2020, 06:41 AM   #4
fatlazyless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top-Water View Post
Any free coffee gift certificates for the big pick-up truck drivers that helped you out?
I never see this white pickup with the two guys again .......sure, I be happy to give them 20-dollars for coffee ..... about 20-30-minutes later the police officer shows up ..... asks me what happened ..... asks if I saw the driver .... was it a man or a woman .....and the age ..... I say I didn't get a good look at the driver .... is probably a man? .... have no idea as to age ... a Town of Plymouth snowplow has previously stopped and asked me if he should call it in to the PD ..... I say yes, call it in! ..... the police officer tells me the car has been located at the Senior Center. The police officer take a lot of photos of my smashed car in the snowbank.

About one or two hours later, my insurance agent in Meredith takes a lot of photos of my smashed car. Is totally GREAT to have strong insurance as I sit here, the day after. There's a big, big, big, big difference between a car that still drives as opposed to hauled off on a flatbed tow removal truck.

If it turns out the other car has insurance I should be very happy to give the white pickup guys 25-dollars for coffee!

As a side note, I have a cdl-a w/tanker driver's license so I know a little about the DOT medical card required for driving a big truck. Truck drivers must get a Dept of Transportation medical exam, administered by either a medical doctor or an osteopathic doctor every two years. And, some truck drivers must get one every year if they have a medical problem like high blood pressure or obesity.

Starting at age-66, all New Hampshire drivers SHOULD be required to pass a similar medical exam. Driving a car is just like driving a truck, except a truck is bigger. Age-66 is the standard age to start collecting Social Security, so it should be the age to start with the driver's medical test.

Yes ..... this will be my campaign slogan when I run for NH governor's elected office ..... ha-ha-ha.

Last edited by fatlazyless; 02-13-2020 at 07:51 AM.
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote