View Single Post
Old 10-19-2017, 12:22 PM   #3
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WINNOCTURN View Post
ALL Clubs need HELP on these TRAIL DAYS!!!!!!

Is it me or does it seam harder and harder each year to get "MEMBERS" out for just a few hours on a Saturday morning to help clear some brush back, put up a Fence or two, put up some Trail signs?

I was at our Clubs Board Meeting last night and this was on of the main topics of discussion. The outlook is bleak. A slice of Pizza or a Sub just does do it any more.

Thankfully we have a "Small" group of dedicated Retirees and People that have flexibility in their "Work" schedule that can spend some of their time to this endeavor. Unfortunately "AGE" is catching up to us.

You hear how Athletes BURNOUT, well this term applies to those that give THIER Time and Energy to "VOULUTEER". Step up and Help!!!

SHAME of THOSE who do NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is just another example of the dreaded 80/20 rule. 20% of the organization does 80% of the work. Our Masonic Lodge does a roadside cleanup on Route 11, about 2 miles of roadside. Our fervent hope is that we will get 8 people to help so that we can divide it up into one half mile sections. That would be eight people out of over a hundred members. Unfortunately, it is what it is. 2 miles of roadside cleanup pales in comparison to many miles of snowmobile trails. Thanks for all the clubs too.

Dave

Sent from my SM-G930V using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

Last edited by upthesaukee; 10-19-2017 at 10:34 PM.
upthesaukee is offline   Reply With Quote