Thread: Road posting
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2012, 07:27 PM   #12
jmen24

Great information Tis, I was aware of a few of your items but not all.

It always amazes me at how different, different areas of the state can be on the exact same issues. Over here, we deal with mostly the Lake Sunapee surrounding towns. The folks we deal with are more than happy to bend for the local contractors, mostly because we all give back in one way or the other.

I have had this conversation about road bans on the golf course with the Road Agent in NL more than once (we play in the same league) and he rarely posts roads, due to the mixing of evidence that frost is really the issue.

I always enjoy the guys that come into office that are out to make a name for themselves and grab an issue such as this. Instead of barking up the tree of the folks that are in a direct position to assist them with their jobs, they could be working together and keeping everyones dander down. Hiring your local site work contractors to help with road maintence helps keep the bottom line low and that always resonates with the folks that fund your accounts.

Sounds like the big lake is not a friendly area to try and conduct certain types of business.

Thanks for the lesson from a different perspective, one can never stop learning.
jmen24 is offline   Reply With Quote