View Single Post
Old 07-21-2010, 12:31 PM   #16
Just Sold

1st Mink Islander I want to say that I am glad your wife's injuries are healing and that she will be OK. Sorry for the insurance company hassles but don't let up on them until you are satisfied they have taken care of everything.

2nd There is always debris and other objects out on the roadways that can get you. My neighbor many years ago was on Rt 290 in Worcester when a tractor trailer going the opposite direction lost a wheel off the trailer. It crossed the highway and came through the windshield just off center killing the passenger instantly. My neighbor had a hand/arm injury but that was all. The tire had locked the steering wheel with his hand on it and the car kept going straight until he got it stopped.

I am on the road frequently and see lots of things fall out of and off of pick ups and big rigs all the time. I also see vehicles kick up items that are on the road. I lost a windshield to a small piece of debris a couple of years ago myself. Thankfully the debris did not make it all the way through the glass.