Thread: Vaccinations
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2021, 02:50 PM   #381
hilltopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingScot View Post
Very interesting. Your wife was infected months (70 days or so?) before her first covid shot, and then was either infected a second time or the first infection never went away?
My wife had tested positive 100 days ago, prior to any vaccination. My daughter also tested positive 100 days ago. I did not get a test...I didn't see the need...I just quarantined with my ladies. We all had the symptoms, although minor. We all lost our sense of taste and smell for a while.

I have to believe my wife was infected a second time. Her positive test last week was a PCR test. Everything I've read indicates false positives are quite uncommon, both in the rapid and PCR tests. Rapid test false negatives seem to be much more common.

It is interesting that my daughter tested negative this time around. My wife has not been isolating within the house in any way. We didn't see the need. As I said, minor symptoms for all of us the first time around and my wife and I had our two shots at the same time (I'm younger...I was her plus one and we received both shots together). I would think my daughter would have gotten it this time around unless, as you said, my wife's first infection never went away (never heard of that happening?).

Still so many unknowns......
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hilltopper For This Useful Post: