View Single Post
Old 03-21-2023, 08:45 AM   #28
ishoot308

Thanked 4,942 Times in 1,917 Posts
Default Agree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by baygo View Post
Perhaps the most important factor overlooked when assessing why a restaurant will put a great value deal out there is the impact it has on the staff. Generating traffic on an otherwise expected to be slow night will generate gratuity for the front of the house. This is very important to keep valued employees earning income.

It’s an example of ownership/management, recognizing the risk of loss in order to protect employees. Much better than government imposed.
I believe this to be 100% correct!

I remember speaking to Steve Buzota when he owned the Ellacoya Barn and Grill. He started the Monday $5.00 burger and fries deal at Ellacoya B&G. He stated it was break even at best. He did it to keep his valued crew working on what was usually a very slow day. It worked out great as many people went and the place was always very busy on Monday's. Most patrons also ordered drinks and other food items to help offset the loss of the burger deal.

While the cost has certainly gone up since then, I believe Monday is still burger special day at Ellacoya B&G. They serve a fantastic burger also!!

Dan