View Single Post
Old 11-01-2021, 09:37 AM   #28
winniwannabe

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiltonBB View Post
Some love the city life, others not so much.

I grew up and lived in Lynnfield for 56 years. Great small town and 20 minutes to Logan and Boston, although I rarely went into the city. The school system is excellent, should that be something they would need later on. The town has become very expensive but they should be able to find something in Lynnfield or a surrounding area town within their budget.

Reading, North Reading and Wakefield are all close to Logan and an easy commute. There are advantages to living in New Hampshire but the disadvantage for them is the longer commute to Logan. During rush hour it is a time consuming trip. In my opinion the Route 95 corridor (Topsfield, Middleton, Georgetown Etc.) is a much easier trip during rush hour(s) and still relatively close to Logan.
I have lived in Wakefield all my life... a considerable number, and I think Wakefield might be ideal for his family. All the schools are state of the art, we have a Common with a bandstand, summer concerts, a lake to walk around, kayak and canoe rentals , a Farmer's market, a bus line and a train station direct to Boston. In addition to all that fun, we have classy restaurants, access to major highways, and are 20 minutes from Logan. The tax rate is very affordable.and we have award winning sports teams and marching bands. Please tell him to consider Massachusetts, and vacation in NH, as it appears NH doesn't want us as residents but have no problem taking our money in the summer or fall or winter.

Last edited by winniwannabe; 11-01-2021 at 09:43 AM. Reason: deleted and re edited.
winniwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote