View Single Post
Old 04-29-2020, 09:50 AM   #28
Major

Thanked 1,000 Times in 415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheProfessor View Post
Yes. This has a nothing meaning. Right?

We don't need no stinkin' statistics and data.

Let's all have a big rally together at the commons. And invite all of our visitors from NY and NJ and MA.

Open everything !

Fun. Fun. Fun.
You and I agree. Let's open everything immediately! If you're under 65 and healthy, and are unfortunate enough to contract the certain death sentence Chinese coronavirus, there is a 0.02 percent chance or most likely less you could die, the same as with the certain death sentence flu. If you are over 65 and/or have an underlying condition, then the responsibility is yours to be safe and to make sure that those around you are safe, the same that you would do during flu season or if someone you knew had the flu. Heard immunity is the fast track to getting this behind us.

Another favorite saying of mine is lies, damn lies and statistics. Smart people can manipulate data, create charts and curves, and do most anything to support a position or policy. I prefer to look at the raw numbers. This is a bad flu year, nothing more.

I will say that we do not seem to be doing a particularly good job in protecting elderly in nursing homes. How can this be? With all the social distancing, sheltering in place, masks, gloves, etc.? Maybe we're just making it up as we go and nobody has the answers. Just a thought.