Thread: e-zip bicycles
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2009, 08:54 AM   #6
fatlazyless

The e-zip motor has a chain drive to transfer power to a gear sprocket on the rear wheel. The pedal power also has a chain drive as just about all bicycles do. It has 7 pedal gears, and one motor gear which looks to be about the same as the 4th pedal gear. Both male and female models have a 26" frame with a quik adjust seat height. The battery was not on display but looking at the rack holder, the battery could weigh 15-20 lbs? Just don't know about the battery's strength and endurance with the e-zip motor without taking a test ride.

For riding on the level, it is very easy to pedal, so it's just for ascending hills that the motor is really needed.

For a real world comparision, think of battery operated wheel chairs when considering the capability of the e-zip bicycle? How much storage power can a bicycle battery hold?

There is, for example, a very large differance between the output and capacity of a 12volt car battery, and a 110volt-15amp wall outlet. The e-zip battery has 450 watts of power.

It sells for $398 at Wal-Mart for either male or female model and looks like a regular bicycle.

I wonder how standard New Hampshire deluxe home owners liability insurance approaches it, as it has a motor, and is a seperate policy needed?

I should have bought that e-zip yesterday. I went back today for a second look, and it had been sold , but the lady's model was still there.

Last edited by fatlazyless; 06-16-2009 at 01:16 PM.
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote