View Single Post
Old 08-13-2008, 02:21 PM   #320
Seaplane Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle Boy View Post
Destroying this state for what it stands for? Don't forget many of these so called hacks were voted out of office after the previous speed limit bill was defeated. And Governor Lynch's opponent, Joe Kenney(R), also supported the speed limit. Speed limit proponents vote too, and they'll vote this November.
That's what makes America so great - you vote your way, I'll vote mine. And hopefully enough people will realize that we have become a nanny state, and get rid of these BUMS! Just like that new bicycle law - what rocket scientist thought of that one? Wait a few months and watch all the head-on collisions caused by people that have to pull over into oncoming traffic to avoid some bone-head that should not be riding on certain secondary highways. (sound familiar - kind of like kayaks that should not be out in the broads. Kayaks can go far more places than powerboats on the lake, yet they insist on exercising their "Rights" to travel anywhere and everywhere.) Then they cry fear and safety, and the nannys in Concord (most of whom probably have never been on the lake) make knee-jerk, emotion based decisions and let "fear" drive their decisions. We'll see who wins this battle in 2 years. People are fed up with these liberal politicians, so I believe the pendulum will swing the other way once again.