View Single Post
Old 02-28-2023, 12:23 PM   #22
John Mercier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descant View Post
There seem to be some flaws in how comparisons are made, and how details are categorized. Bottom line would be a comparison with other states that have mandatory seat belt laws and similar demographics. Driving conditions e.g., snow, also play a part, so comparing NH to say, Alabama, doesn't work.

I thought state employees had restrictions on political lobbying, at least in uniform. Soon enough police will be lobbying to restrict gun ownership and register all guns and require permits to buy more than 10 rounds at a time.
Could it be that they were the State agency most associated with having to enforce the law, so their opinion was sought?
I know that Major Acerno and Chief Gamache had to testify on issues around snowmobile and OHRV usage.

I see this issue come up now and again... as anything can be entered every season and be heard with our system of governance... but it never seems to really grab hold. The State would like the money, but isn't willing to create the hassle. I think the last time it was for like $1.5 M federal.