View Single Post
Old 03-26-2021, 04:08 PM   #72
XCR-700

Quote:
Originally Posted by tis View Post
I agree with you that it would be interesting to see how much and how many businesses actually benefit from the boats docking and also agree that there would still be a wait no matter how many docks they add. I imagine the Yum Yum and Black's and the restaurants, ice cream, and hotdogs stands are the biggest benefactors. Sure, people might buy clothes etc. but not every weekend.
Actually my wife and her guests hit virtually every clothing shop in Wolfeboro when we are there and even the shoe store by the bridge!

Lat summer one of our guests bought a large picture at one of the galleries and we hauled that damn thing around i the boat all day, it was kinda funny.

My wife is especially fond of the Martin gallery, but we do stop by several other non-clothing stores on most trips. Not saying we fill the boat each trip, but our guests have had items shipped to home and the local shops are always a pleasure to work with. Always friendly and helpful, as opposed to similar shops in big cities where you always get a cold vibe and they seem put out if you dont end up buying anything.

We LOVE Wolfeboro as a stop by boat, it might be our favorite destination on the lake.
XCR-700 is offline   Reply With Quote