View Single Post
Old 03-26-2021, 10:22 AM   #66
BoatHouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post
Am I the only one who thinks all is good in Wolfeboro? Plenty of docks for most days and a natural crowd limiter for others. Free, safe, clean...I've visited a dozen or more times each of the last seven summers and have never had an issue.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
I have the same experience as you and I go to the Wolfeboro docks often. 2-3 times per day depending on what the family and our guests want to do.

Yum Yum shop in the morning for coffee and pastries? Sure lets go! Had the band start playing God Bless America one Memorial day morning! What a great experience.

I know we just got back from the Yum Yum shop, but Mom wants an omelette from the DTGC. Untie the boat, I'll be right back!

Check the PO box for mail on a Saturday before the Post Office closes? Right away.(For the record, I have never received anything but junk mail, but love checking)

Dad, can we go to Blacks or Mountain Tops to look at T-Shirts? No Problem!

Nolan's for pizza? Oh yeah! Hey look, the Senator from another state had the same idea.

My Favorite - I know we just anchored at Braun Bay, but do you mind heading back to Wolfeboro so we can get Waffle Fries at the Dockside. Oh, OK.(Before anyone mentions it, I know Braun Bay is on the other side of the lake. I find it humorous when my family/guests think it only takes 15 minutes to get from any point to another.)

Most days other than 4th of July weekend, I can get a spot within 10 minutes. Even at lunch time. 4th of July weekend, it may take 25 minutes and I usually have to let my crew off while I wait my turn for a spot.

I have a 22' bow rider and have found that if you don't mind going deeper into the docks, you can find a spot pretty quick. I have never been blocked into a spot by a larger boat.

Maybe it's people like me that are the problem. Sorry about that!

Point is, with proper planning/timing and setting the right expectations, I find I can get a spot any day of the season.
BoatHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BoatHouse For This Useful Post: