View Single Post
Old 03-25-2021, 03:39 PM   #54
Descant

Thanked 1,521 Times in 985 Posts
Default Too expensive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave R View Post
Wolfeboro could charge people to use the docks during busy times and easily make enough money to maintain, improve and expand them. Charge $.25 per foot LOA per hour with a 1 hour minimum and 3 hour maximum during peak times. There's about 1320 linear feet of usable dock space, so say they can fill 1200 feet, that's 300 bucks an hour. Pay a couple of people 15 bucks an hour to manage the docks and collect the money and the town would still be making at least 250 bucks an hour when the docks are full. Realistically, they could probably double the rate and still fill the docks. They could even put the dock space on Dockwa and let people reserve and pay ahead of time with the app. I use Dockwa all the time to reserve docks and moorings, it's brilliant.
Assumne a 24
boat. You want to charge $6.00 so I can run in from Barndoor Sunday am to get a box of doughnuts and a paper? Too expensive. I think you'd get a lot of resistance from merchants and residents. A token amount, like parking meters might be better received. The goal should be to increase the efficiency of use, not to be punitive.
Descant is offline   Reply With Quote