View Single Post
Old 07-08-2022, 01:19 PM   #9
VeryGeneric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descant View Post
The Forum works on discussion, opinion and some speculation. We trust known posters and links for facts. I would expect a "wiki" site to deal only in factual information with references and footnotes. Probably a lot of issues already covered by Wikipedia. BUT. As an example, I Googled Lake Shore Park NH for Wikipedia and the closest reference was to the Winnipesaukee Forum for LSP History.
I'd have a better understanding of Winni.wiki's place if the creator could give some examples or post a few items to set the tone.
Exactly. There are little things here and there, for example, facts about my own beloved Big Barndoor, which I can only find on websites like that of real estate agencies or by asking old-timers who have a knack for remembering old things.

Also, as another commenter is concerned about contributing to the forum, I'm not trying to discredit any information posted here. In fact, as I've seen, many long-time forum users seem to know their stuff more than enough to be used as references on pages.

One main use-case I can think of other than people who want to find out really obscure things like I do with Barndoor, I think, would be people looking for tidbits about Lake Winni as an outsider moving to/touring the general Winni area.

Again, I'm very open as to how we might use the knowledge of people on this forum and beyond to create a useful resource. (Especially for people like my mother who're hopeless in regards to forum etiquette and searching thru old threads. )
VeryGeneric is offline   Reply With Quote