View Single Post
Old 12-13-2011, 05:40 PM   #2
scomptonbuilder

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeman671 View Post
I am looking at a waterfront lot on the lake and have a question regarding setbacks. The lot is fairly narrow and down one side is an area of poorly draining soils, not swamp. How close can you build to this? The building envelope shown on the plan goes basically right up to it but no actual town or state approvals are in place, just the survey.

Also, how close can a driveway be to a lot side line in say Alton or gilford?
Hi codeman, my name is Scott Compton of Scott Compton Builder. To answer your first question, you need to identify if the wetlands is prime or non-prime. This is usually depicted on your survey or plot plan. I have built many houses on the water in Meredith and it is a 50' setback for non-prime and a 75' setback for prime. Hope this helps. The answer to your second question is, it depends on the town. You can call Dave Andreas who is the building inspector for gilford and he can give you all the setbacks. Every town has their own setbacks and as a builder, I still need to call the town hall of a town that I am not familiar with when ask to price out work. Feel free to contact me if you have any additional questions. My cell is 234-1277 or office 279-1029. you can also visit my web site at scottcomptonbuilder.com
scomptonbuilder is offline   Reply With Quote