View Single Post
Old 11-29-2023, 09:01 PM   #39
CompassMac

We gave up on the OP years ago but somehow always went back hoping for better results.....kinda like hoping that cheating girlfriend would be true this time around but ........ there are only so many second chances you can give.

I applaud Sweets for his dedication and passion. The restaurant business is ruthless and I wish him only the best. Please don't take any comments as a personal attack. Take this lesson and succeed in your next endeavor.

First and foremost, the location is spectacular, but the building (with the exception of the bar) is too old and stuffy, in my opinion, for the summer lake crowd. It's a large building and difficult to cover the overhead I'm sure. That's a tough obstacle. Is the restaurant there a formal dinner place, a bar, a beer garden, or what? Outdoor seating and the garden were great, but so limited by seasonality and weather and it probably would have made it with a few more years to establish itself.

We need something new here. We have plenty of Italian, pizza, etc..... For being near the coast there's not a great seafood, farm to table, or fun unique place that you can visit regularly. Any ideas folks?

Finally, the cupola atop the building is such a missed opportunity to be the Lakes Regions most coveted dining spot for any anniversary, birthday or special occasion. If you haven't been up there, the view is incredible!!! The perfect spot for an intimate dinner for two ....and the perfect marketing draw to create buzz... It's not for everyone and it has it's pitfalls, but ITS UNIQUE AND COOL. People would pay for the experience. It could easily be on Chronicle or other media outlets that would bring people in.

And for any restaurant, don't forget the LOCALS who get you through the slow winter months. They strayed from that and paid the price. Just my two cents.
CompassMac is offline   Reply With Quote