View Single Post
Old 09-10-2023, 03:21 PM   #10
MeredithMan

Default Excellent Meal...

...We went there this past Friday night for our anniversary. We had a great experience for our anniversary there several years ago, so we decided to try it again. When I made the reservation, I had asked for a "nice table". When we arrived and I gave the name to the hostess, she said, "oh yes, I have a very nice table for you as you requested". Great table in the front of the dining room looking right out at the lake.

We split an appetizer of Asiago garlic knots, which were obviously home-made and excellent. We also split a Caesar salad...again, very good. My wife got a shrimp, clam, and pasta dish. It was "shrimp-scampi-ish", but it was served on home-made ribbon pasta. I had a taste of it and it was excellent.

I had another pasta dish, (I forget the style of pasta, but it was frilly on the edges), which was with grated lamb and sausage in a red sauce and it was fantastic.

The pastas were definitely home-made and the menu indicated that all of the meat/chicken came from a local farm. It was also evident that they have changed their vibe from a more formal restaurant, (Osteria Poggio), to be more hip...Poggios Kitchen and Bier Garten. For 7PM on a Friday night, they were not crowded at all...I hope their new strategy is successful.
MeredithMan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MeredithMan For This Useful Post: