View Single Post
Old 09-03-2017, 09:07 AM   #18
joey2665

Thanked 1,007 Times in 648 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApS View Post
Last night there were some scattered fireworks, which was unusual after several weekends without anything significant to "celebrate".

About an hour after the fireworks shut down near Libby Museum, I heard a Loon call—typically indicating she had taken flight. (I didn't know Loons flew at night, but other birds do migrate at night). After that Loon departed, I heard two other Loons calling, but their calls didn't resemble anything I've heard before. Loons already vocalize a lonesome cry, so these two sounded even more like grieving.

I have a neighbor with one dog who ran off in the dark—resulting in a two-hour search with stressed neighbors shining flashlights. Previously, that dog had reliably hidden under a bed. Tranquilizers didn't work: even deaf today, that dog still hides under a bed. With fireworks nearby, my own two Dachshunds would pace nervously, with their ears back—indicating fear.

So, you're not alone.

As to legality, was it last year that a Maine resident was killed by his own fireworks blast? A very stupid move for a young adult, but juvenile in thoughtless intent.

My long-time NY neighbor, who set off fireworks at the lake as a juvenile, is deaf today.

As fireworks leave the resultant effects of black powder ignition, is the pollution from fireworks contributing to even more Nitrogen into lake water? (And the rampant algae growth were seeing today?)

What? Have consideration while visiting the lake?

Did you know that admonition goes back to The Dead Sea Scrolls, BF...?

(Before Fireworks).

I don't buy the pollution argument as no one said the remnants go into the lake. Many set them off near the lake but not over it and my neighbors always cleaned up after. Maybe we should all sit in our chairs with our hands folded staring at the water with no boating or other activities and go to bed by 8pm.
joey2665 is online now   Reply With Quote