View Single Post
Old 06-17-2014, 02:13 PM   #10
jtb9212

Thumbs up Akwa Marina

Was just at the new beach bar at Akwa Marina on Sunday. Saw some picnic tables on the grass right on the lake with 2 yellow labs. I asked our server if they allow dogs there and they said they do! There was food and drink service by wait staff at the picnic tables. Our server also told me that the beach they have is open to the public and they do allow dogs to swim there as well.

I have to admit I was very surprised to hear this and excited, I plan on going there with my 2 black labs after bike week to try it out. I was very excited to think I could sit there and enjoy the lake and have some food and drink with my dogs.

To all dog owners reading this, give it a try and report back on your experiance. It is a really beautiful spot. There is a parking lot there and 2 entrances. One entrance is for VIP/Members and the other is an entrance for the general public. The beach bar is very, very nice. The food was good that I had. A little pricey, but not out of line for what you would expect for that time of seasonal setting.
jtb9212 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jtb9212 For This Useful Post: