View Single Post
Old 07-29-2023, 09:07 AM   #27
TiltonBB

Thanked 2,162 Times in 905 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadHopper View Post
I got pulled over either by New Durham or Alton police once heading west on Rte 11. There was an emergency vehicle with flashing lights and siren heading east. (Ambulance). I pulled over and slowly drove on the shoulder. Shortly I was pulled over and warned that there should be a complete stop when an emergency vehicle passed. First I heard of this on decades of driving.
It has always been the law.

New Hampshire 265:33 Driving of Vehicles on Approach of Authorized Emergency Vehicles. – Upon the immediate approach of an authorized emergency vehicle making use of audible or visual signals or of a police vehicle properly and lawfully making use of an audible or visual signal, the driver of every other vehicle shall yield the right of way and shall immediately drive to a position parallel to, and as close as possible to, the right-hand edge or curb of the roadway clear of any intersection and shall stop and remain in such position until the authorized emergency vehicle has passed, except when otherwise directed by a police officer.
TiltonBB is offline   Reply With Quote