View Single Post
Old 07-13-2021, 07:58 PM   #7
CowTimes

This looks like the hose that comes from a lower elevation pump chamber that pumps the effluent up grade to this tank for ultimate distribution to a leach field. If the tank level ever got to the point that there would be leaks out of this area that is almost at the top of the tank (and well above where the leach field pipe goes out), it would come out the top of the tank anyway. I wouldn’t spend a bunch of money to get someone out to an island to look at this for concerns about pollution or the like.

I would do the plastic/pea stone recommendation, perhaps in combination with some simple non-expanding spray foam insulation to air seal it. What I would be slightly concerned about is to why this is happening. Is the hose pulling out of the tank? If so, I would want to figure out what is moving as that could be concerning. Or is it just the connection that failed? The spray foam should let you see if it pulls further by gapping in the spray foam. I would only be concerned if it pulls out significantly further. Until then, just deal with the smell and ensure dirt/runoff can’t get in the tank there.
CowTimes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CowTimes For This Useful Post: