View Single Post
Old 05-31-2022, 01:28 PM   #7
SailinAway

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real BigGuy View Post
I have a general question regarding the dethatcher. My lawn at home is not smooth. I’ve wanted to get a dethatcher but was worried about scalping the high points. Is that a potential issue with the Greenworks unit? [/url]
Well, you would need to read some of the 12,000 reviews to answer that. A number of reviews mention that a relatively flat lawn is best, but some 5-star reviews say they have a "hilly" lawn, which isn't the same as a lawn with high points. My machine arrived today so I'll post some feedback when I get it going. I expect my lawn to look awful afterward, but I figure reseeding is easier than raking. I've been raking thatch for 20 years and it just gets worse each year. At the sale price I paid, this machine is cheaper and much more convenient than renting. Today's price is $97, which still seems very reasonable. The reviews are very good and YouTube videos show that it removes a lot of thatch. One tip from the reviews is to use a leaf blower instead of a rake to collect the thatch.

Extension cord: The cheapest 14-gauge extension cords I found:

Harbor Freight Gilford: Vanguard 50’ $25 100’ $45
Walmart: Hypertough 50’ $26.83 100’ $47
Lowes: Utilitech 50’ $33.48 100’ $47
Home Depot: more expensive

I'm going to get two 50' cords because they're easier to handle and more convenient for jobs close to the house.
SailinAway is offline   Reply With Quote