View Single Post
Old 05-07-2020, 05:35 PM   #44
Mr. V

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravy boat View Post
Interesting.

With my father in a nursing home (Covid free - the one resident in question was negative per the head nurse's call to me today) I trust that the staff are doing what is asked. During my weekly visits I have never seen someone as you described...ever. Perhaps it's more prevalent in highly populated areas? He is in hospice care at 93 years old...and not even hospice is allowed in the building any longer as hospice nurses travel around to various facilities and homes. Also mentioned today is that all staff and residents will be tested so I feel pretty confident he is good hands.
Your father is lucky to be in rural NH where the infection rate isn't as high as in NYC or a meat packing plant for example.

You "trust" that the staff is doing what is asked: maybe, maybe not: heck, there's a lot of right wingers in NH who think this is all overblown and choose not follow protocol.

Just takes one mis-step by an employee to introduce the coronavirus and then the devil will dance.

Sixty-percent of folks who contract covid-19 and die are in nursing homes / assisted living IIRC.