View Single Post
Old 05-04-2020, 10:39 AM   #33
Mr. V

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravy boat View Post
Thank you. The only point I was making is that over 60 -- and mostly over 80 -- are the high risks based on the documented deaths attributed to Covid. AND that the onus is on high risk individuals to take extra precautions as the world reopens.
Nationwide and worldwide there are lots of deaths of folks under 60 years old; but I digress.

It's not as easy as you assume it is for this class of folks ("mostly over 80") to take "extra precautions."

You seem to argue that they're the only ones who'd need to shelter in place, if I follow your logic: given the fact that most of these folks are either in assisted living or require some form of additional care by one or more third party care gover, how can they protect against getting infected by a younger care giver who takes no precautions while not working and likely will become a carrier?

No, to protect the older, susceptible class of potential victims all who come in contact with them must be covid-19 free, and the only way for that to happen is for them to follow the current draconian protocol.

Sorry, it just ain't as simple as you'd like it to be.

Then again, if you are arguing that the aged among us aren't worth saving, that they should be sacrificed for the sake of the economy, then I suppose your plan would be viable.