Thread: Car Detailing
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2019, 06:59 AM   #9
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,090 Times in 784 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheProfessor View Post
Off topic a bit.

I fully realize that we do have some disabled folks that can't do the cleaning of any vehicle. Detailing is for them.
Some live in apartments that have no access to outside electricity.

For the rest. Get yourself a shop-vac. With brush and crevice tool. And vacuum once a month and keep vehicle clean so that a detailing job is not necessary. Get some 303 Protectant and wipe down any plastic/vinyl.

There are now some real good portable small cordless vacuums that do include a brush and crevice tool. The cordless ones have come a long way with the newer batteries.

OR - get you children or grand children to do the job. A good learning experience for them.
Yes and no. Everyone can give their machine a quick detailing. Your investment is huge! A pro detail when you bought your vehicle will add years to the product. I do highly recommend a good sealant and just follow the recommended maintenance after. It's worth it!

Don't fall into the dealer's sealant ploy. The sealant is crap. Even though there is a 5 year warrantee, read the fine print!

Do it yourself! Mega youtube articles on detailing. Just follow a specific mfg website video and your should be good! Plan on a full weekend of work!

Testimony? I have a 2005 MB c240 wagon that looks show room! No body work has been done! No rust, even after 14 years of NH weather. The secret is in the maintenance and keeping the car thoroughly washed in the spring, topside, underneath the car and engine bay. I don't use any rustproofing or underbody sealant!