View Single Post
Old 06-05-2021, 04:41 AM   #12
CK5 Truck

yeah this paint is wearing out in places already. Boat never saw the water last year and was in salt the 2 previous years. The guy I bought it from said he bought it without bottom paint but did it because of using it in the ocean, mainly Cape Cod to Marthas Vinyard. (no doubt it was a DIY job, he put it on EVERYTHIING including stainless trim tabs and tie down rings, etc.) Looks like after a couple hours out on Thursday it looks like more white is showing, at least on the bottom, I guess Ill have to see how much comes off after the weekend from use. (Ill still have to do something on the transom no doubt.) As far as leaving it in the water, with a in some cases a 20 year wait for a boat slip, she will be on a trailer as I dont plan on living another 20 or so years...lol. We had a survey done on the boat (insurance requirement) and besides the blower hoses being brittle and the bilge not pumping (both fixed) the surveyor gave her high marks and only found a small area high on the transom to watch for in the coming years. Valued it 5k over purchase price.
CK5 Truck is offline   Reply With Quote