View Single Post
Old 07-28-2020, 08:31 PM   #2
TheTimeTraveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarc View Post
My husband and I purchased the beach and cottage at the head of Roberts Cove 2 years ago. Since then we've spent a lot of time learning the history of the property and it's fascinating! It amazes us how important this little piece of property has been to families around the cove over the last 100+ years. We know that the property was bought from the Roberts family in 1889 and that there were 2 cabins on the property (uncertain if they were already there or if the Bakeman family built them after 1889). At some point after that, the cabins were connected to make the full cottage but we don't know when that was. We've been told that icecream was sold from the window near the beach and that the building was also a restaurant at some point. We also know that sometime after 1920 (or there about) the property was used as the Bakeman family summer home until it was sold to LRCT in 1999 and then to the Nemser family.

Thanks to the amazing old photos thread, we found the attached incredible picture of the property when there were 2 cabins present. Just wondering if anyone has any idea on the date of that picture, has any other historic pictures of the property, if any one can fill in some of the gaps in our information re the history of the place and/or share any stories of the property and the beach.

We love that property and get so excited about the history of it. Thanks for anything you can share!
Nice photographs.

I would say the top (black and white) photo was taken sometime in the 1940's. My guess is that the car looks like a car of WWII vintage.

Maybe someone can actually identify the make and model of the car, or even use the license plate to research what year the car is (assuming you can still track plates from 80 years ago). This is a very remote possibility, but you never know.
TheTimeTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote