View Single Post
Old 02-12-2024, 11:35 AM   #14
codeman671

Quote:
Originally Posted by chachee52 View Post
I will start with I learned to ski at Gunstock and love the mountain.
I now have a 7yo and want him to start skiing. Tried to figure out how much it was going to cost us to bring him to the Bunny Slop and found out that he has to pay for a full priced ticket. There is no lower mountain passes like there used to be when I started. Lessons? Well only happen during the day during the week, and we go south to visit people on weekend (opposite of what we used to do now that we live up here). So we'd have to pull him from school if we want lessons. Asked about group lessons and was told that we would have to bring the group, they don't just put him into a group lesson like other mountains do.
So basically we have to pay $52 to take him after school (night prices) for him to go on the bunny slope for 1-2 hours. $80 if we do go on a weekend or Sunday. My wife has a season pass so that makes it a little easier on the wallet.
I'm just surprised that they aren't as beginner friendly as they used to be.
Gunstock has an Intro to Ski package right on their website. Its $140 and you book it online. They run it seven days a week. It includes rentals, a group lesson and a lower mountain pass. The calendar lists the number of open slots available, you do need to book in advance to secure a spot.

https://estore.gunstock.com/intro-to-ski-package

My son did it 2 weeks ago.

Pats Peak, King Pine and Cranmore are all within an hour of us in Gilford as alternatives. We can be at Waterville or Loon in about the same, but I would not recommend for beginners. Just too busy.
codeman671 is online now   Reply With Quote