View Single Post
Old 07-13-2022, 01:28 PM   #97
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
Because i local has more than one restaurant you consider them a chain , since samiam owns both Vk and red hill i guess he is a chain also
Lets look at the differences between the entities you list here:

VK and Red Hill Diary, located close together, with an owner that can easily check in at both places as needed.... I don't classify this as a chain, especially because they don't operate under a standardize name

Common Man Chain: Is a corporation, with several venues, which need to run independently under corporate guidance.... But yet still local in Nature, thus has a bit more hands on guidance directly from the Company... Yes I consider this a chain....

Magic Foods, is also a corporation, I could argue either way as to if this is a chain or not... However given the locations of the restaurants I tend to think of its running being a bit more like the Common Man, however my guess is Scott 0 spends a bit more time at the various locations.....

Applebees is not a chain, it is a Franchise and much different. Locations are independently owned and operated within the guidelines of the franchise agreement. This general means, there menu has to be what is defined by the Franchise, they have to use the specified vendor for supplies etc.

Bottom line, I would never compare Applebees to Magic Foods, Common Man, o r samiam....