View Single Post
Old 10-30-2014, 07:46 AM   #99
chipj29

I agree completely with P.I.G. It is way better than what was there.
-The old restrooms (northbound) had about 5 urinals and 3 or 4 stalls, and it was a pit. The new restrooms are much larger, and obviously cleaner and nicer.
-The old convenience store-oh wait, there was never a convenience store. Just some vending machines.
-The old liquor store, while pretty big, would get very over-crowded on Thursday and Friday nights, and even on Saturday morning. The new larger store should help alleviate that.
-The old restaurants-oh wait, there was never a restaurant.
-The old parking lot was pretty big, I very rarely saw it filled up. Take note that both north and southbound areas are not complete, so there will be a lot more parking than what you see today.
-The old information booth consisted of a small desk in the restroom area, with various pamphlets and flyers on wall racks. While the new one is currently in the gondola outside, if you look at the artists concept drawings, there are information booths inside the main building of the new area.

I have no dog in this fight, but my opinion is that the rest areas are miles ahead of what was there before. Give it a chance. Once they are totally completed, I think they will at the very least meet most peoples expectations.