View Single Post
Old 10-29-2014, 08:52 PM   #97
Pine Island Guy

Default remember where NH gets revenue from...

I guess I look at what is there now versus what was there and see progress in the right direction... it used to be a run down liquor store, a bunch of vending machines, and porta-potties...

What amenities do travelers want on I-93? certainly easy access to gas, which Irving is providing at the same price as their "off highway" stations, a rarity when you see the price-gouging of "highway service centers" in other states...

The restroom seemed plenty big to me, more stalls/urinals in the men's room than all the old porta-potties combined that served both men and women...

I too question the parking, but it looks like there will be more down in back by the restaurant... time will tell, and there's enough real estate to build more parking if needed...

Convenience store? How much do you need? There were plenty of snacks, drinks, and typical "road food"... people aren't doing their weekly grocery shopping there...

Lastly, the liquor store... let's remember, this isn't a private business... this is a State monopoly and where NH gets a hefty portion of their revenue... helping to keep us from having a sales or income tax... I say build it bigger and better and get more $$ from the tourists who just love to shop there!!

I still believe it's a lot better already than what was there before... but time will tell if it works out or not... hopefully for us NH tax payers... it does!!

-PIG

Last edited by Pine Island Guy; 10-30-2014 at 07:38 AM.
Pine Island Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pine Island Guy For This Useful Post: