View Single Post
Old 10-29-2014, 10:16 AM   #94
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

I stopped by the southbound rest area this weekend, and I am not impressed. The goal of this project should have been less about the Liquor store and more about amenities for travelers. Instead I found an over sized liquor store, and a restroom facility that is not going to big enough to handle the volume in the summer or winter peak season. I am also not impressed with what I believe is going to be an inadequately sized parking situation, even when complete.

I think its great that they have opened the facility as is, and didn't wait for full completion. But I hate seeing a facility that while is nicer then the old facility is not sized correctly for its intended purpose.

All in all I am still left with my main concern, which is that a private business was allowed to much involvement with this project. That private business is interested in one thing generating revenue for themselves. Not in making sure an adequate and appropriate facility was constructed, with the intended correct use model as a rest area. This area appears to have the intended use model of a revenue creating business venture, which was allowed to be along side the highway...