View Single Post
Old 09-12-2014, 01:17 PM   #85
chipj29

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeredithMan View Post
....The new state liquor store at the new Hooksett Welcome Center is now open, according to boston.com. Note the Massachusetts perspective, however, that the store "is 10 years too late", under the premise that it was built to combat lack of Sunday booze sales in MA, as opposed to being part of a huge new Welcome Center....

Yellow journalism at its finest....

http://www.boston.com/news/local/new...l_sub_headline
That is a ridiculous comment, which they contradict at the end of the same article: "More than half of the state liquor stores’ customers are from out of state, with the majority coming from Massachusetts."

I live pretty close to the rest areas and have access to the liquor stores on both sides of the highway (from the non-highway side). The northbound store is right on my way home from work, and I stop in there often. There is absolutely no shortage of out of state vehicles in that parking lot particularly on Thursday, Friday and Saturdays. It is a VERY busy store on Fridays, all day long. 10 years too late? Maybe only because they could have done more business in a bigger store over the last 10 years. But I am not sure about that, since I have never noticed someone going into the store and coming out without buying anything.