View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 03:31 PM   #17
Rattlesnake Gal

Thanked 1,349 Times in 475 Posts
Unhappy Bailey - Our Pretty Bitty

Bailey's Bubble
August 25, 2010 - January 3, 2013

Our little girl was acting a bit subdued and was becoming more finicky about eating, so we took her to the vet on New Year's Eve day. The blood work showed that she was in severe liver failure - A complete shock. We brought her to Veterinary Emergency Center of Manchester where she spent four days receiving IVs and IV antibiotics to no avail. Each day found her getting worse and worse. None of the many doctors that treated her were able to come up with an answer as to why this happened to such a young and seemingly healthy dog. (This was not a poisoning.) She has always been on the fragile side and had allergies, but check out just fine at her last physical at the end of November. She was mostly well through December, but for an ear infection. We finally had to make the call and end our sweet girls suffering. Our dear sweet Bailey is now in doggie heaven with our boy, Mac. She slipped away so tender and peaceful, which comforts us greatly. We will miss her always.

Bailey's first boat ride. Mac was 10 1/2 and Bailey was 8 months old.
She loved it!

Bailey's first ride on the PWC.
She and Mac seemed to have a great time. Jeff and I had fun too

Like many of our dogs, Bailey loved the boat!

Anywhere Mac was she wanted to be. He loved the boat too.

She loved our lot on Rattlesnake Island - Perfect for a Cairn Terrier.
She adored chasing chipmunks. They enjoyed teasing her by going in one hole and out another, watching her search from above.

Then we got Harry! A great way to spend a summer afternoon at the lake.

Bailey was so happy to have a little brother to play with!

Our last leisurely cruise with our sweet baby girl.

This Christmas photo was taken two weeks before her passing.
Our hearts are heavy from this emotional and confusing loss.

I love you my sweet girl. Thank you for teaching Harry so many wonderful things. You will live on through him and forever in our hearts.

I like to imagine you in doggie heaven, playing with Mac and having a blast chasing ducks and laying in the summer sun by the lake.

Goodnight my angel, now it's time to sleep. You will always be a part of me.

Thank you my friends for your thoughts and prayers during this difficult time. You are wonderful and they have meant the world to Paul and I.
Rattlesnake Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to Rattlesnake Gal For This Useful Post: