Thread: Corner House
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2021, 07:37 AM   #16
CornerHouse

Smile Hi All!

Greetings All!
We are indeed still open! Never closed except a week break here & there. One being right after an accidental hand & facial burn on myself on 1/29. Recovered, grafted & no more vegan vegetable tempura, ever!
The food is good as I’m just making your cocktails now!

We are the most well staffed I’ve ever been somehow! We have a strong kitchen team, though due to everyone arriving at once we sometimes incur longer ticket times. We try to let you know in advance whenever possible. In the front of the house, more well staffed than most other properties in my opinion. My youths representing Holdnerness School & Paul Smiths College. That unfortunately ends on August 14th when most of my youths depart however.

Wednesday’s are my busiest night. Pork Potstickers, Calamari, Ahi Tuna & Fried Oysters are my best selling appetizers. Halibut, Whiskey Ginger Salmon (from Sals Fresh Seafood), Lo Mein & Macaroni & Cheese are my best selling entrees.

We have a large cocktail menu, 12 rotating drafts, many wines & have just introduced CBD infused cocktails in collaboration with HempX out of Moultonborough.

Just like everyone else, we are in need of staff. We now pay servers $10 an hour base wage, kitchen starts at $20 & host $15 plus take out gratuities & manager starts at $20. We are open Wednesday through Saturday from 4:30pm I tried very hard to open Mondays as well, as hardly anyone is open though we need a minimum number of staff members to make it run & not enough could make Monday happen. I still aspire to open on Mondays in the future. Join my team or help me find people & we will make it happen! Every business in the region including my own would be open more if we had enough staff members to do so.

Introduce yourselves if you come in. You can find me behind the bar.
Have a great, safe, rest of summer.
I look forward to Sununu following through on his statement to not enforce further Covid restrictions & we keep everything rolling forward.
I keep the website heavily updated, check it for information if you have any questions. Any announcement is in the banner usually.
Www.cornerhouserestaurantandbar.com
We will be closed August 4-8. More than half the staff needed off & requested prior to summer.
COVID free so far!

*Insight regarding supply chain, food purveyors are having trouble getting “pickers”. $10,000 bonuses after 1 year & multi thousand dollar signing bonuses. The person that loads the food delivery truck with frozen items, cold items, room temp items. Then the drivers deliver on his route. One purveyor is at the point where the sales person drives from Lakes Region to Hooksett to load the truck the night before himself. PFG outright canceled orders a few weeks ago when all pickers walked off the job. I cannot believe things are running as well as they are considering the increased volume the lakes region is seeing. Instead of being in Europe right now, many, including extreme wealth are selecting the Lakes Region.
CornerHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CornerHouse For This Useful Post: