View Single Post
Old 03-11-2023, 09:16 AM   #55
John Mercier

You are spot on.
Terms are being misappropriated, and then everyone is complaining about a lack of education.

The two parties have for decades danced back and forth. Neither is truly liberal or conservative; and even individual members tend to be more conservative in some instances and more liberal in others.

You should here how many people are upset that we're developing the lake shore to be more like the seacoast of the Cape rather than ''On Golden Pond''; and many times those are the same people espousing ''Live Free or Die''.

It isn't my land. I just do the designs the way the owner envisions.

20 or so years ago, we had the same battle around the lake. But at the time, once we got behind closed doors, it was kayaks/canoes that loved to hug the shore were upset with those of us that sat in our boats and cast our lines toward the shaded areas of the shoreline. They would have trouble navigating around us, and we would gripe about them tangling our lines.

I think as the population around the lakes grows... it is just going to be an onging battle that the Legislature is walking an ever tighter fine line around.

They ares definitely the driver of tourism in the local area. Is that generational? Is all this generational? I really don't know. I have a feeling some of it is, but not sure how much.