View Single Post
Old 09-14-2021, 02:56 PM   #6
Descant

Thanked 1,518 Times in 985 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTimeTraveler View Post
Yes, this is a legit and important patch.

I did mine myself last night at 8:00 pm however I believe that most other users had theirs done automatically overnight (assuming they were plugged into a power source).

If you use Apple products then do check to be sure your iPhone, iPad, laptop and desktop have all been done. Be sure to be plugged into a power source if you find it has not been done.
So, I use a wireless charger, but also set for automatic updatyes. Is that counterproductive?
I have facial rec instead of fingerprint. Is there a way to convert to fingerprint? The facial doesn't work when I have a mask on or in a darkened room as when an app sets off an alarm at night. Also sketchy if I have sunglasses or a hat outdoors. Cute idea, but not well executed. Accurately typing a PIN in the dark is not always successful either, but it is important to respond to the alarm. I usually hold the phone close, with no glasses, but it always wants me to move the phone back and forth to turn on. Next phone will be a fingerprint. I'm really dissatisfied with facial recognition. Any remedies?
Descant is offline   Reply With Quote