View Single Post
Old 04-23-2020, 11:36 AM   #3
Sue Doe-Nym

Default Ignorance is bliss...or is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasedawg View Post
Not sure people are taking this serious enough. A friend of mine stopped in at Skelley's to buy gas. There were many cars at the pumps so he decided to go inside to get something to eat. While wearing his mask several people at the gas pumps chuckled and ridiculed him. He went inside to get something to eat. It happened again inside the store. The clerk behind the counter laughed. The the individual pointed to the cashier and both started to laugh. Really!! Come on folks. Are people not taking this seriously. Now I haven't seen his mask. It may look like a clown. Or the young employees just didn't care and haven't been educated that there is this bug going around and people should try to protect themselves and others. He did say there were six cars at the gas pumps and five were out of state. We are in Florida and need to stay here a few more weeks. But hopefully when we return and in quarantine for 2 weeks we won't be ridiculed ourselves. Obviously, he decided not to buy gas
there. Should not the management of Skelley's talk to their employees and educate them. And maybe they have and this never did happen. Although the event was posted on social media. It should be an interesting Summer.
That sort of ridicule shouldn’t happen, but some people are just plain rude....and stupid! I guess if you disagree with someone, it’s fine to make fun of them...very sad. There was a story recently about a pastor who made light of the Coronavirus and went ahead with church services. He was among those listed on the obituary page shortly thereafter. This is serious stuff and needs to be treated as such, mask or no mask.