Thread: Oil Change Cost
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2022, 05:40 AM   #10
fatlazyless

For about $50 or so, the Walmart's in Tilton and Plymouth do oil/filter/check and top off fluids/inflate tires and I get the Castrol Edge synthetic, 5-quarts and a Fram filter. I always upgrade to a Fram best quality "gold" filter for an extra five dollars otherwise you get the cheapest Fram $3 filter and not their Fram $8 filter.

The recommended oil change is every 3000-miles, but I always go to 5000-miles before next oil change, and maintain the level by checking the dip stick at every gasoline fill-up and adding Castrol Edge 0-20, $8.50/qt, as needed which is about one quart over five thousand miles in this 2014 200-hp Subaru horizontally opposed 'Boxer' 4-cylinder engine.

Car is a 2014 Subaru Crosstrek w/ 5-speed manual and 129,000-miles, so far.

My previous car, a 2013 Toyota Scion xB, 5-speed, had an oil consumption problem and needed about 3/4 quart added at every gasoline fill-up but it still went to 221,000-miles despite the oil consumption problem before I sold it to a used car dealer for $300 who removed it away on a trailer. It also had right side, smashed doors damage from a hit & run collision so's I kept the insurance payout and figured it was time to get rid of that Scion xB but it was a very reliable and fuel efficient car despite the defective Toyota engine that was always low almost a quart on the dip stick.
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote